OMS Equipment Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggilmour

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Recently purchased an OMS HID light and dual manifold, the light worked once and then the battery died. OMS agreed to replace and the LDS gave me a battery from another light that they had in stock, however two months have gone by and they still have not received the replacement battery back from OMS. The manifold was missing a collar when received, no big deal but one would think that for $300 they could at least throw in two being that it is for doubles.

Now the charger on the light went up in smoke on my desktop today, quite the rancid smell and more smoke than a brush fire.

I was thinking about buying an OMS BP/W until today but dont know that I trust their quality that much. Has anybody had any similar experiences or is this the exception. I had heard that their equipment was really good quality.

I have the OMS bp and i think its one of the best that i looked at. On oms site i remember reading somthing about there HID chargers..

ggilmour:
Recently purchased an OMS HID light and dual manifold, the light worked once and then the battery died. OMS agreed to replace and the LDS gave me a battery from another light that they had in stock, however two months have gone by and they still have not received the replacement battery back from OMS. The manifold was missing a collar when received, no big deal but one would think that for $300 they could at least throw in two being that it is for doubles.

Now the charger on the light went up in smoke on my desktop today, quite the rancid smell and more smoke than a brush fire.

I was thinking about buying an OMS BP/W until today but dont know that I trust their quality that much. Has anybody had any similar experiences or is this the exception. I had heard that their equipment was really good quality.
Maybe you got deamons hanging around your place.. :)

I too have never had any problem with OMS, though my experience is limited to their IQ BC... It was so great that I wore it out!

Back
Top Bottom