Omneia liveaboards - Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

specorelli

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dear fellow divers

I came across some information about the Omneia LOBs in the Red Sea. The boats look great but I am very careful about safety (especially after so many incidents with fires).

Has anyone done any itineraries with Omnia? What was your experience like?
Night watches, smoke detector tests, safety briefings?
Also, any feedback on diver to guide ratios?

Thanks in advance for any input.
Happy diving to all of you in 2023!

I did two trips on Spirit and Soul each last year and had a great time on all of those trips.
Both boats are in great shape, in fact the Soul was only put into service last year.

On all trips there have been extensive safety briefings at the start of the journey both concerning the ship and the safety during the dives. There are fire extinguishers and rescue rafts on both boats.
There is a designated charging/battery/camera area on the same level as the dive deck which is monitored by passing crew & guests throughout the day and a camera system during the night. There is always at least one mechanic on watch, even during the night. Guests are asked to not charge anything in their cabin, although a mobile phone is okay if you are also in the cabin.

Smoking is prohibited anywhere indoors and on the dive deck. (There has been one trip where one guest was smoking on the dive deck off to the side after a couple dives).

The food on board is plentiful and very tasty. Vegetarians and people who don't eat fish are catered to and not just left with the main course without meat/fish.

On my trips there were 3-4 Guides and guided diving was available for all dives except the night dives. Independent diving within buddy teams is also allowed.
All in all I can really recommend a tour with them. Fair word of warning regarding the language on board the ship, seeing as your profile says your from Portugal.. all trips that I've done were with all german speaking guests from Germany, Austria & Switzerland. You might just drop them an email and ask about other english speaking guests on your prefered date.
Hope this helps :)

. Fair word of warning regarding the language on board the ship, seeing as your profile says your from Portugal.. all trips that I've done were with all german speaking guests from Germany, Austria & Switzerland. You might just drop them an email and ask about other english speaking guests on your prefered date.
Hope this helps :)

Super helpful, thank you
I already enquireda about the language and they said all briefings could be provided in English for non German speaking guests

Their calendar unfortunately does not work for us this year, so I am going back to Mexican caverns this year but I will definitely be on the lookout for 2024!
Thank you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom