OM-D E-M5 with PT-EP08 -no room inside the housing to raise the flash head?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try This:
(Make sure your camera is not in iAuto when going through these steps.)
Step 1 -> Menu

Step 2 -> Scroll down to the picture of a gears

Step 3 -> Use the right arrow to go into custom menu

Step 4 -> Scroll down to "Button/Dial"
Step 5 -> Use the right arrow to go into "B. Button/Dial"

Step 6 -> Find "Button Function" and press the right arrow

Step 7* -> Chose either "Fn 1" or "Fn 2" (function)

Step 8 -> Use the right arrow to go into Function Button setting
Step 9 -> Scroll through the different presets for functions until find the symbol with 3 fish & 1 fish

Step 10-> Press OK
Step 11-> Press menu button 3 times or press the shutter release button once to exit the menu

At this point the flash will fire when in down position.

Step 12 -> To get out of underwater mode, switch between different modes; example - shutter to aperture back to shutter

You do not need to leave the camera in underwater mode for the flash to continue working in the down position.
You only need to do this when you first set up your camera.

Try This:
(Make sure your camera is not in iAuto when going through these steps.)
Step 1 -> Menu

Step 2 -> Scroll down to the picture of a gears

Step 3 -> Use the right arrow to go into custom menu

Step 4 -> Scroll down to "Button/Dial"
Step 5 -> Use the right arrow to go into "B. Button/Dial"

Step 6 -> Find "Button Function" and press the right arrow

Step 7* -> Chose either "Fn 1" or "Fn 2" (function)

Step 8 -> Use the right arrow to go into Function Button setting
Step 9 -> Scroll through the different presets for functions until find the symbol with 3 fish & 1 fish

Step 10-> Press OK
Step 11-> Press menu button 3 times or press the shutter release button once to exit the menu

At this point the flash will fire when in down position.

Step 12 -> To get out of underwater mode, switch between different modes; example - shutter to aperture back to shutter

You do not need to leave the camera in underwater mode for the flash to continue working in the down position.
You only need to do this when you first set up your camera.

Thanks for this I always assumed you had to be in big fish little fish to have the flash work in the down position. Pity you still have to allocate the Bf/Lf to a function button so that you lose the opportunity to use that for something else.

Sorry guys, but I'm still experiencing the problem of the flash not firing when it is closed.
As JackConnick said:
"The camera needs to be in almost any mode except IAuto. Then you turn the flash to fill-in (TTL), or manual with the power level set down, depending on how you want to set your flash. (On the UFL-2, you can't use manual) then it will fire."

Where do I turn the TTL? On a strobe or in the camera? I guess in the camera, as otherwise it won't shoot anyway. But it does not work for me (flash works only in the opened position). Does it mean that the flash is damaged?
Jan

EDIT: Ok, problem solved. Pardon me, I haven't seen the last posts in the thread, as I wasn't logged in.

The flash has to be in the down position when you put it in the Olympus PT-EP08 housing. For the flash to function in the down position you need to program one of the function buttons to display the big fish or small fish. I program my F2 button for this.

Fiber optic cables are used to trigger the strobe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom