Olympus XZ-1, PT-050 Housing & UFL-1 Strobe: Comments? Opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randallr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I posted this in the Olympus section, but I think there's more traffic (and more opinions!) here.

My question is: Does anyone have this camera/housing/strobe setup? If so, I'm eager for your experiences.

I've read terrific things about the camera, and the housing seems to rank high for OEM housing. I know the strobe isn't terribly high-powered, but I'm a just-learning photographer, and I can't really justify something much more expensive, say, at the level of a Sea & Sea YS-01 (whose TTL function, I gather, won't work with the Olympus anyway).

All that said, tell me what you've discovered. And thanks in advance.

I am also interested in experiences with the camera. I just purchased a used XZ-1 with two YS-01 strobes. Should have it in my hands tomorrow and flying to Miami Saturday night. I will be able to give you my impressions on the camera and housing. This is my third camera and housing combination so I have a little bit of experience to make observations.

On paper the camera looks very capable. I used an Olympus housing on my SP-350 and really liked it. I have an Ikelite housing on my Olympus Tough 8000. Different cameras, but I prefer the OEM housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom