Olympus TG-1 Freezing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seahorsingaround

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I have a beloved Olympus TG-1 that I regularly dive with in a housing. Over the weekend, it started doing something new and bizarre - when ever I took a picture, the screen would freeze and eventually reset itself to whatever the scene was when I turned the camera on initially (i.e. if the camera was set to macro initially but I was shooting in a different underwater mode, it would freeze and reset to macro, including if I was using it in macro). Same deal for iAuto as well.

I spoke to the most helpful customer service agent ever this morning :shakehead: who had nothing useful to add other than he had never heard of a camera doing this before and that I should send it in for repair. Gee, thanks. If I actually lived in the US, that might be passibly useful advice, however, I am in Grenada for one more month full of diving and other life activities.

Other than hitting the reset button under menu, does anyone have any other thoughts or advice? Reset changes nothing, as did charging it from a computer rather than an outlet.

Thanks!

Try a different SD card. Otherwise, yeah repair is about your only option.

Jack

today was the first time i've been able to properly use the camera and the card switch works!! thanks so much for the suggestion! now if only my backup wasnt 500mb...haha

---------- Post added April 20th, 2014 at 08:28 AM ----------

another silly question...is there a way to completely reset a memory card? this problem only happens with my 8gb card.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom