Olympus PT-010 depth limit warning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mgnau...yes, a little bit of movement is normal but if it truly wobbles, you may have a problem.

Dee, it doesn't wobble much. I just used that as an example of the movement from side to side. The movement is very slight. Thanks for all your help. I'm sure it's fine. We are scheduled to visit the Caymans in March and I'm like a kid in a candy store getting ready. I would hate to get there and need to use a Fugi tosser.

Mike

Cool! Having to wait for a dive trip is the pits! My next one isn't until April and I've just about worn my gear just putting it together and taking it apart again. :D But I now know several ways to pack everything in my backpack! haha

scubasean:
And, we are visiting San Diego the week following Xmas, with nonpenetration wreck dives (two ships, at 85 and 100ft down or so) planned.

:)

Sounds like you're going to the Yukon and the Ruby E! The Yukon sits in 100fsw so you would be hard pressed to exceed your limit if that's where you're headed.

Enjoy!! :camera:

SCUBACrazy:
Sounds like you're going to the Yukon and the Ruby E! The Yukon sits in 100fsw so you would be hard pressed to exceed your limit if that's where you're headed.

Enjoy!! :camera:

Yep...Headed there...Lived there around 83, before the wrecks were placed...Cert in 83, but haven't dived there for nearly 19 years. Should be a blast after the chilly Monterey waters I've been diving....heh

I've had my PT-10 to 35 metres a few times, without a problem. However, I noticed that the case deforms a bit and the plunger that switches to macro does not actuate the button reliably.

No leaks after about 180 ocean dives with it, but the shutter trigger is now sticking down sometimes. I can free it temporarily by pushing it up from inside, but this is hard to do underwater.
I guess this means a leak is coming soon, so I will have to take it apart and clean it. Hopefully this will improve the situation and not wreck it.

Gerry

I don't think you can get them from Olympus. You'd probably have to go to another manufacturer like Ikelite to get that sort of depth.

d33ps1x:
Can these things be custom ordered to go beyond 200 feet?

I think all of Ike's housings are rated to 200ft. I'm not sure about below that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom