Olympia C3020Z Digicam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dont'cha just love it when a camera decision is made??!! :D

Andrea....here's a link to Meister's first photos with his C-3040 using only the internal flash. It's virtually the same camera as the C-3020, just a few minor differences.

Here's another....Jeff's Primer that will guide you to those basic settings. This is what I started with and it couldn't have been easier.

Yep Girl....you're hooked! Another Olympus convert in the house! hehehe

Wow that is really good where's the scatter? That makes me feel better about holding off on getting an external strobe. It's because of most of the research I did on this msg board that I chose to get an Olumpus camera too. You all don't work for Olympus or something do you? :wink:

btw, the website says he used a 4040. it also says he used an intrinsic strobe is that the same thing as internal flash?

I already have a C-3000z , are we still takling the same basic results as the 3020 or 4020. I'm trying to decide on which route to go, dig. or film. With what I have now I would only need a housing to get started if the 3000 was good enough. Any thoughts?

No... no connection to Olympus other than a very satisfied customer!

Agape...Meister uses a C-4040. The intrinsic strobe is just another way of referring to the internal flash. It the built-in flash that comes on the camera. It's very powrful. In the camera settings, you can change the strength of the internal flash. In fact I seldom ever use it full strength. I wish I had kept my no strobe pictures seperate. Looking back, it's hard to tell on some of them which is which. As ya'll can see, a strobe is nice but not necessary to get great pictures. You are only limited in a few areas.

Sandfill once bubbled...
I already have a C-3000z , are we still takling the same basic results as the 3020 or 4020. I'm trying to decide on which route to go, dig. or film. With what I have now I would only need a housing to get started if the 3000 was good enough. Any thoughts?

All the C-XXXX series of cameras, up to the C-5050, were basically the same with each successive model adding or dropping a feature or two. The C-2XXX are 2 mega pixel, C-3XXX are three MP and C-4XXX are four MP...and so on. The newest C-5050 is 5 MP and has really nudged the line of pro features.

Back to your question...YES, your C-3000 certainly is good enough. All you need is a PT-10 housing and you're good to go!

Back
Top Bottom