Olympia C3020Z Digicam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrea31419

Reaction score
For those of you that have this digicam Olym C3020Z, does it have a timer mode, where you can set a timer when camera is on a tri-pod to take a "hands-free" pic?

Andrea

Yes it has a timer mode and you can use it hands free or on a tripod. It also has a mode called MY MODE and you set this mode to specific settings for underwater while the P mode has your normal land settings. The PT-010 housing is great for this camera. I took mine to Coco's Island a few weeks ago and it did great. It says the rating on the camera is 100ft. I had it to 115-125 almost every dive.

Wreck Ranger

Wreck Ranger,

Cool...that sounds just like what I'm looking for. We go to a place where our dives are around 100ft (+), so this should work out perfectly for us. Thanks for all of your input. Can you email a couple of pics taken with this camera andrea@savannahscuba.net.

Thanks.

Andrea

I just sent you a link to my pictures from Coco's Island.

Hope you Like them
Wreck Ranger

Nathan, your pics turned out terrific! I am very impressed. I am sold on this camera. Do you have the strobe attachment, or are those pics just with the Olym C3020Z in housing without strobe?

Andrea

Agape,

The web host I use doesn't allow a link I am looking for a new place and will be posting them soon as i find a good one.

andrea,

Thank you for you praise. I don't have a strobe yet (lack of funds). I took those pictures using the interna; strobe for the close ups and turning the flash off for the open water shots. When you get the camera I can help you with the settings.

The accessories that I've bought so far include: (4) 128MB memory cards, (3) 4 packs of rechargable batteries with charger, (2)extra O-rings for the housing, and alot of glossy photo paper to print and frame the ones I want.

Glad I could help
Wreck Ranger

Did the interna strobe come with it...is it part of the camera?

I'm going to take you up on the help with settings when I get this cam., thanks.

Andrea

The internal strobe is the camera's standard built-in flash. I was amazed how well it worked. I thought that it would too much backscatter in the pictures that I wouldn't be able to use it, but I was wrong...Thank goodness I was.

Just let me know how I can help
Wreck Ranger

Wow...they still turned out great! I didn't realize you could turn the strobe off. I will definitely be back in touch with you when I get my Olym C-3020Z.

Thank you so much for your help....everyone! :)

Andrea

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom