Oly SP350 does not have Image Stabilization function :( and CR-V3 charger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pinay_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi

Question to all Oly SP350 owners..do you need the Image Stabilization function..or there's a similar function already in the cam?

In addition to that, I just found out that the SP350 uses CR-V3 battery. Its included in the box however there's no charger for this battery...so how can you recharge this battery or do I need to buy a separate charger for the CR-V3 or I can use a rechargeable Energizer NiMh battery.

Dive safely!

that battery isn't rechargeable
you have to buy a rechargeable crv3 or aa's
and I don't think it has image stabilization

The video function has the stabilization, but not the camera.

I don't think the image stabilization is real important...You can still take great shots with this camera.

Pinay_Diver:
Is image stabilization important in taking pictures?

It is, but not so much underwater.

It is a major plus on land when you have a camera with 10X optical zoom. The farther out you zoom the more difficult it is to steady the picture.

Stabilization is ok if you always have the shakes, but a little practice and breathing technique will make land shots better (plus a tripod helps too). Underwater really isnt a factor unless you are in heavy currents, but then you have other problems to think about then.

Here is a shot from my first attempt underwater with the SP350. Fresh water lake at 42 degrees F.

PipesPointProject088.jpg

lifeisfullofgooddives:
I don't think the image stabilization is real important...You can still take great shots with this camera.

Oh ok..great! Thank you lifeisfullofgoodies:D

Best way to stabilize a still shot is with a faster shutter speed. That's why strobes are nice. There are some fish that just don't hold still. I've followed them with the camera while waiting for shutter lag and shot them while moving. At 1/125 there's no apparent blur. At 1/60 you'll get a little background blur. Without a strobe, at 1/30 in dark water , the whole thing will blur. If you have a busy background, where you won't have issues with noise, up the ISO to 200 or 400 and shoot a faster speed. With a blue water background, the noise will usually show up at 400 or higher, depending on the camera. (Some DSLR's you can double that)

In indonesia , there is a rechargeable CRV# named Maliba which is imported from Taiwan. Maybe u can buy it there in the Philippines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom