Oly SP-350 / PT-030 and a Strobe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Photo's from Today

at the same time
I've either managed to get a little water in the battery compartment
or
A battery exploded

Either way this baby is only seeing 1 dive before it heads back to Ikelite
who can hopefully repair it for my up coming Live Aboard

Photos look good Tim. I am sure if you let Ikelite know your timing situation, they will do everything in their power to have it back on time. They have great service!

I have the system you have and have used it with the Olympus FL-20 flash in an Oly housing thereby having Oly TTL through the hotshoe. Results have been acceptable for short distance shots and closeups. I have not tested it in macro mode.

I also have an Ikelite DS-51 which works fine with my Oly C5050 but I have not had a chance to test it with the Oly &PT-30. Using it with the EV controller and the PT-30 should work fine. The housing has a diffuser plate in front of the strobe. I suspect it will give you most flexibility now and expandablitity later.

I have seen reports that the Inon fiberoptic picks up strays flashes from other nearby strobes? But f/o would be my choice AFTER hardwired TTL. BTW the DS-51 lets you shoot either manual or TTL.

H2O Photo Pros:
Photos look good Tim. I am sure if you let Ikelite know your timing situation, they will do everything in their power to have it back on time. They have great service!

lets say Ikelite came through top of the class in both service and time
I have my strobe back in time for my trip and it looks brand spanking new
(the battery compartment that is)

Unbelievable.....big thanks to ikelite repair team and too Duane from Ikelite for
the best damn service I've recieved in a long long time

If you check Ikelite website, you'll see that they just launched
"Nikonos - Ikelite" adapter cable.

So you can use other brand housing with Nikonos bulkhead with Ikelite Strobe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom