oly pt-015 + ike dual handle tray question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

artDDS

Reaction score
Hi,
I have an olympus c-5050 with oly pt-015 housing. I have just purchased an ikelite dual handle tray with the pt-015 anti-twist tray.

I am not sure I have attached the whole setup properly. The housing still twists a little bit on the tray. It does not feel totally secure.

I attached the thin strip of plastic to the rectangular block using the screws and nuts. I then put the block under the pt-015.
Then i took the larger screw and put it through the washer, then through the thin strip of plastic, then through the rectangular block then into the thread on the pt-015.

It seems to hold but the housing does twist if i apply some pressure. As i said before it does not feel totally secure.

Can anyone who has this same setup please advise me as to whether or not i have set this up properly?

Thanks,
Art

I'm having a machine shop make up a light holder/handle for my Oly. The base of the PT doesn't seem to offer a lot of real estate to secure a bracket. I'll post how my experiment works out.

El Buzo Loco once bubbled...
I'm having a machine shop make up a light holder/handle for my Oly. The base of the PT doesn't seem to offer a lot of real estate to secure a bracket. I'll post how my experiment works out.

I'd love to see it although I have adapted an Aquatica tray and arms for use with the 015.
TedJ

i have the single arm tray and it twists and works loose for a life time on the pt-010 and the pt-015.

you would have thought that ike would design a good tray considering the money it costs for the oly set up!!!

this is the only thing that lets the ike down

Clive.....Ike has made a piece to add to that tray to fix it. The newer trays have this problem fixed. I *think* it's free for the asking for trays bought before the fix, but a simple call or email to Ike would clear it up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom