oly c-750 and pt-018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jjgibo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
i borrowed my friends oly c-750 and pt-018 and went on a dive to sharks cove. i shot a bunch of pictures using the auto feature and a few short movie clips. i was pretty amazed at the quality of the photos with the auto settings. i did do some post editing in adobe photoshop after. i am looking forward to getting my own c-5060 and pt-020 housing. if you guys have any suggestions or comments i would love to hear them. just click on the link and you can see the pictures i shot.

http://public.fotki.com/badass/personal/adventures_of_a_lifetime/scuba_diving/july_19th/

jjgibo,
I took a trip to Bonaire last January and used my C-750 and pt-018 with pretty good success for a beginner. I want to post some of them soon here. I am thinking of adding a strobe to the system, but may wait and see what happens the next trip. I used the "action" mode most of the time (the little runner on the dial). That seemed to catch the fish action a bit better, but the auto mode did well also. The movies were great other than the sound of the camera focusing but can live with that. Just curious, why go with the c-5060 instead of the c-750?

NevadaM

NevadaM:
jjgibo,
I took a trip to Bonaire last January and used my C-750 and pt-018 with pretty good success for a beginner. I want to post some of them soon here. I am thinking of adding a strobe to the system, but may wait and see what happens the next trip. I used the "action" mode most of the time (the little runner on the dial). That seemed to catch the fish action a bit better, but the auto mode did well also. The movies were great other than the sound of the camera focusing but can live with that. Just curious, why go with the c-5060 instead of the c-750?

NevadaM

I have a C750, took me foreever to get a housing, finally got one of EBAY for $200.00. That may be a good reason to get a 5060.

Oh BTW you can turn the sound off in the movie mode.

Battery

Pics look great JJ....My tip would be go for the most camera you can afford.
When will you be dropping by the shop?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom