Old vs New Computer - OCEANIC OC1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure how to post a picture on here yet. But I'm looking for an extension piece for the black rubber wrist band. The replacement OC1 strap kits come with three pieces, the two that connect to the computer and a piece that is about 5 or so inches long. That 5" extension piece is what did not come with this computer when I got it and that's what I've been trying to fine.
How much extension length do you need? All 5 inches, or would half that be enough?

How much extension length do you need? All 5 inches, or would half that be enough?
A couple of inches would probably be enough,. Forgive me, but I'm failing to see how half a strap would be helpful. The second buckle is necessary to make it work with both ends of my current wrist band. Maybe I'm not understanding what type of strap you are referencing?

A couple of inches would probably be enough,. Forgive me, but I'm failing to see how half a strap would be helpful. The second buckle is necessary to make it work with both ends of my current wrist band. Maybe I'm not understanding what type of strap you are referencing?

Attachments

• 20210616_080825 (2).jpg
    20210616_080825 (2).jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 90

Thanks for the picture for clarification, yes, that is exactly what I am looking for. The longer one is what I've been trying to find, per your previous post, yes I would think the shorter one pictured would be sufficient length to get around my 7mm wetsuit Now the big question, are you willing to part with either of those extensions and for how much?

Thanks for the picture for clarification, yes, that is exactly what I am looking for. The longer one is what I've been trying to find, per your previous post, yes I would think the shorter one pictured would be sufficient length to get around my 7mm wetsuit Now the big question, are you willing to part with either of those extensions and for how much?
I'll just send you the shorter one; it should work fine; IF you get the battery change or get the refurbish.
PM me a mailing address.

Thanks! that would be great! I'll PM you after the attempted battery swap. I've sent an email to Huish asking for some more details about the referb process too.

I get 1-3 years off my OC1, depending on my diving and the quality of the 2450.
It is beginning to get some dead (always black) pixels; trying to decide if I want to spend $260 to get it refurbished. Probably will!

FYI, I reached out to Huish and they have already responded to me regarding the referb process on the OC1. I give them an A+ rating on customer service by the way, they've been a great help. Per the email I got back, Since the OC1 was such a limited production item, they send each individual OC1 that comes in for service straight to their production facility. They retain your existing housing, back, strap, etc. and replace the internals completely. They put it back together and send it back to their repair center (which I assume is where all other computers go) who then forwards it back on to you.

Good News! the battery, or more likely, shorting out the battery contacts, fixed the issue with my OC1. The old battery actually still worked, the LDS surmised that the computer "crashed" while plugged in to my PC and needed to be reset. While we had it open, we replaced the battery and the O ring anyways.

Back
Top Bottom