Old turtle soup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Today I got to see my first turtle, second turtle, and third turtle all on one dive! The algae was up a little so not any clear pics of my buddies. The first turtle was huge and slow so I got shots of him. The second, younger turtle took off and I just got a shell shot in the distance. The third turtle had parts of his backside chewed off so he was pretty skittish and split when he was barely a shadow. The first two pics below are for size comparison:

810nbp1.jpg

810nbp7.jpg

810nbp2.jpg

810nbp4.jpg

810nbp5.jpg

810nbp3.jpg

810nbp6.jpg

They look so graceful in the water.. And so endlessly clumsy on dry land.. I hope I get to see them when I dive some day..
I love the last picture, btw :)

Belmont:
Second picture down, does it bear a metal tag on it's front left leg/flipper?
Looks like two metal tags with numbers:

tags.jpg

Cool, looks like you caught yourself a tagged one :)
Might be whoever tagged it would like a pic?

I wonder how you find out who tagged it?

If you talk to the department of game and fish or whatever they are called over there, they might be able to tell?
Atlast here youre supposed to report the numbers to that sort of department if you catch a tagged critter, but who knows if anyone does..

Absoutely awesome encounter Bill.

Turtles are put on Earth by God to show us gracefullness. Like Blennies and Hermit Crabs are created to make us laugh.

Where were you diving to see all these fabulous creatures??

Tom Smedley:
...Where were you diving to see all these fabulous creatures??
They were at the Navarre Beach Pier. I found an anchor out there too!

We did a second dive at P'cola Beach Pier Rubble. I'll be posting reports when I get a chance after diving Morrison tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom