"Old" scuba gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

novicediver

Contributor
Reaction score
Just for fun, how many of you have as your primary set up gear that is 10, or even 20 years old or older? I so often hear or read about "upgrading" your gear, I am just curious how many of you still use stuff that is considered ancient by some.

my regs are 7 years old, and have no desire to get new ones. I just keep servicing them once a year and they breathe great!

Just replaced my 24 year old Dacor Pacer XL that I bought new only because I could not get parts for it anymore....Love my Genesis OZ Titanium much better...did not know what I was missing.

I have the 1st atomic reg that is about 9 years old. I have a conshelf XIV that is almost 30 years old that I use on my pony. For fun I dive a Royal Aqua Master double hose reg that is over 40 years old, and my oldest reg (that I still use) is a DA Double hose from 58.

Most of the older name brand gear was much simpler in design, and really works well even by todays standards. If you look in the SEA HUNT ERA, you'll find several threads by people that use vintage gear as their primary gear.

My regs are 16 years old Scubapro. Pretty much everything else has been replaced somewhere along the way.

I'm diving with alot of gear from the 70's--Conshelf XII. I'm trying out a Scubapro R390 I got a good deal on, not sure if I'll use it or the Conshelf 2nd.....also the pressure gauge is new, the old one was horribly corroded. BC is an old US Divers and the wetsuit is an old Fathom.

I dive it all from the latest tech stuff to the greatest old stuff like the double hose Voit and US Diver regs. And anything in between. One is not better than the other-just different.

My primary, 1st and 2nd, as well as my octo are all my original purchase 22 years ago. Conshelf SE.

Guages were changed out due to incorrect storage, but everything else is original. Drove my LDS nuts when they attempted to find an adapter for my Air2. I had the original US Divers box with all the fittings, so I was able to produce the needed adapter, new out of the box.

At 200', it breathes as if you are on the surface (even inverted)

Back
Top Bottom