Old Poseidon BC parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Krabby

Registered
Reaction score
I have a 20 year old Poseidon Biscaya Techlift BC that is still in excellent shape . . . but . . . the pull-dump inflator hose has broken. The plastic valve in the shoulder connection has cracked. Because of its age, Poseidon was no help at all when I contacted them for replacement parts.

My thoughts are that it must share thread size with something that is currently available. The only other BC's I have at home are Dive Rite and I know that hose doesn't match because I've tried. Does anybody know if the old Poseidon BC's shared inflator hose thread size with another manufacturer?

does the hose not match, or the threads not match? See if you can swap the whole inflator assembly over. Dive Rite uses the nearly universal inflator elbow, but the corrugated hoses themselves are often different. If the whole dive rite assembly will swap over and function, then you can buy a remote exhaust assembly from dive rite and use that.

The threads on the DR doesn't match the Poseidon. They are the same size, but different threads.

I would like to just replace the entire hose assembly if I can find one with the same threads.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom