Old "Ocean Edge" dive bag ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark IV

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I got this seemingly nice gear bag as part of a recent ebay deal, and when i tried to look up price and reviews on it, I couldn't find a SINGLE photo or even mention of it.
It's a typical jumbo,rectangular dive gear bag, black with lots of blue trim, heavy nylon construction, with shoulder straps and numerous compartments with heavy-duty plastic zippers. On the front is the name Ocean Edge, and under that a silhouette of a diver following a dolphin (presumably their logo).
I don't know how vintage that may be, but I'm assuming it's at least been out-of-production for a while, given that numerous web searches yielded absolutely nothing, which really piqued my curiosity. (surely the thing doesn't pre-date the internet,LOL!)
I was just curious what these things may have cost, and what reviews were as for as quality,longevity,etc.

I got this seemingly nice gear bag as part of a recent ebay deal, and when i tried to look up price and reviews on it, I couldn't find a SINGLE photo or even mention of it.
It's a typical jumbo,rectangular dive gear bag, black with lots of blue trim, heavy nylon construction, with shoulder straps and numerous compartments with heavy-duty plastic zippers. On the front is the name Ocean Edge, and under that a silhouette of a diver following a dolphin (presumably their logo).
I don't know how vintage that may be, but I'm assuming it's at least been out-of-production for a while, given that numerous web searches yielded absolutely nothing, which really piqued my curiosity. (surely the thing doesn't pre-date the internet,LOL!)
I was just curious what these things may have cost, and what reviews were as for as quality,longevity,etc.

I do not know what the retail price was. It is a least 20 years old.

Ocean Edge in San Diego only lasted a few years. Leaving a very small footprint.

As I recall, Ocean Edge took over some of the Dacor line when that company went out of business. This was a long time ago, decades. For a while some items carried both names.

As I recall, Ocean Edge took over some of the Dacor line when that company went out of business. This was a long time ago, decades. For a while some items carried both names.

Ocean Edge took over the old TEKNA line.

They lasted only a few years.

Ocean Edge took over the old TEKNA line.

They lasted only a few years.
Right you are. My memory is slipping. I have an 'Ocean Edge' battery powered wristwatch from way back then that still keeps excellent time. About $10 from a shop that was going out of business. I sometimes wear it snorkeling.

Back
Top Bottom