old new pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Bangs

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I realized I never posted any shots from my last Wyland Gig.

but until I find a way to login to the gallery I will have to use a of site link

_7813_5.jpg

This image is located in the Whales II gallery on the Rodales site. There are a few other galleries there as well. these can be accessed via the link below.

http://dive.scubadiving.com/members/profiles/card.php?pp=3&dir_id=51925

WOW nice whales.......and all pictures. Thank for sharing......

Cheer
Jason

Splendid, although I’m sure the web site doesn’t really do them the justice they deserve. Say, do you have the feeling that they know were you are at all times and can avoid you or do you have to be conscience of where you’re at in case they breech towards the surface? Never been that close to a Whale before, so I thought I'd ask.
One other question if I may: You are using ambient lighting in these photos? Regards, Kirk

Mike Veitch:
Who are you?!? Are you a new member?

GOt any mantas to share?

Great whales Chris san....

Mantas? please describe what they look like. Then I can see if I have any photos of em.

DoubleDip:
Splendid, although I’m sure the web site doesn’t really do them the justice they deserve. Say, do you have the feeling that they know were you are at all times and can avoid you or do you have to be conscience of where you’re at in case they breech towards the surface? Never been that close to a Whale before, so I thought I'd ask.
One other question if I may: You are using ambient lighting in these photos? Regards, Kirk

Hi Kirk

They know exactly where you are, even if you are directly behind their tail. the mothers will often slap the water within feet of you of you get too close, not an issue unless you decide to suddenly move closer as she is doing this. The males are a different story, if riled they will try to swat you like a fly. Breaching! hahaha. Wyland and I got to watch a mother during entire breach sequence. we were directly over her when she started and she exited the water about 30 feet in front of us. BUT she directed her landing away from us. Now the babies are a different story, when they start breaching it is time to leave.

Whale photography is ALL natural light.

we could use you over in the whale poaching thread...maybe don't say a word just post a beautiful picture.

catherine96821:
we could use you over in the whale poaching thread...maybe don't say a word just post a beautiful picture.

where is this thread?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom