Old member finally saying hello.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Yup…joined in 2006 and now making my first post. I guess it’s safe to say I’m not much of a talker, lol.

Anyways, I was certified in 2006 while on the fire department. My captain owned/operated the dive shop. We have 3 lakes in our area so our water rescue teams were and currently still are some of the best.

Eventually, life got in the way of me being on the volunteer department which put a damper on my diving. We typically trained monthly…but not having my own gear I just never really went diving after that. Diving finally became a non-existent thing to me.

10 years later…I circled back around to here. Buddy invited me on a cruise and not having a real vacation for years…I’m game even though I’m not really a fan of cruises. Then tells me he wants to dive. Of course, I’m all for it but now I’m scrambling to get all caught up with some supervised dives and refreshers under my belt.

Anywhoos, here I am. Going all in on diving as I had forgot how fun, relaxing, and exciting diving is and this time I just think I’m gonna stick around and go all in since life has settled down for me financially and personally. Might as well enjoy my time on this rock, right? :)

Back
Top Bottom