Old Dacor computer.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yukilaw1012

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've got an old Dacor computer that's been around in my bag for the last 20 years. I just recently put in new batteries and to my surprise it came on, but the screen is a bit shot. I can still see the numbers on the bottom but again kinda faded. Now I don't know the type of computer it is but the shape is squared and on the back it has two water activation points and a button. It uses one large CR-1/3N 3volt battery. I'm wondering if Mares (since they took over Dacor) will be able to fix it, or perhaps replace it?

I would recommend trying a MODERN computer! :D A lot has changed in the past 20 years and you could probably use an upgrade! My choice is the Veo 250.

Oh, trust me, I got a couple of modern computers. Trust me. Oceanic VT Pro, Suunto Gekko and Uwatec Aladin Prime. I'm just wondering what to do with this old computer since it still works........in a way.

I've got an old Dacor computer that's been around in my bag for the last 20 years. I just recently put in new batteries and to my surprise it came on, but the screen is a bit shot. I can still see the numbers on the bottom but again kinda faded. Now I don't know the type of computer it is but the shape is squared and on the back it has two water activation points and a button. It uses one large CR-1/3N 3volt battery. I'm wondering if Mares (since they took over Dacor) will be able to fix it, or perhaps replace it?
Yukilaw,

Well I'm amazed you were able to get 20years out of this computer. This computer can not be fixed at this point. All our computers come with a 2yr warranty, so it sounds like you've exceeded this time line by apprx 18yrs. It sounds like you've got a few newer computers, so I think it is time to retire the old one and put it in your vintage collection as Net Doc suggested.

We are not currently running any upgrade programs at this point. Not to say we wont in the future though. I'd save it just in case we do, or perhaps another company does.

Best regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom