Old Aqua Lung Double Hose Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

surfbummer

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently purchased a couple of boxes of miscellaneous used scuba gear, and when I got home, I found (much to my surprise) an aqualung double hose regulator.

My problem is that the identification plate is missing, and I was wondering if someone could help me out. I've already searched the vintage web sites frequently mentioned in these forums, but without the plate, I'm having problems identifying the reg.

First, let me state emphatically that I am NOT trying to sell this reg, and I'm not really interested in it's value, as I plan to keep it, regardless of it's value. I would, however, like to make positive ID.

The original plate that is now missing is rectangular, and must have attached to the first stage with bend tabs. There is a single hole in the rectangular indentation where the ID plate fit. There is no "crown," so I'm pretty sure it's not any of the Royal models. The first stage itself is the shiny chrome, so I'm pretty sure it's a post-1964 model. From looking at the vintage sites, it looks an awful lot like the DA Aquamaster, but it's hard to tell. I contacted the individual I purchased the equipment from, and he didn't know anything about it, as he had purchased it some years ago at auction.

If someone could help me identify this, I would greatly appreciate it (I unfortunately do not have a digital camera, or I would post a pic....).

Thanks!

Surf,

You might be able to narrow it down even more by comparing the hose color, and clamps, and also the shape of the mouth peice.
Check out "vintagescubasupply.com/labsusd.html"
Hope this helps.

Dan

Well, a picture would help. Also, at least one of the vintage suppliers may soon have ID plates or you can make another from a trophy supply place. It wont be exact but it is better than nothing. Most likely you have a DA Aqua Master, a fine regulator worth restoring and diving. Does it have a hookah port? This will seperate it from a Mistral. Once you open it up it will be easier to tell the difference. I strongly urge it be sent to vintagescubasupply or vintagedoublehose for repair. If it is a Royal AquaMaster then you have really lucked out, the King of Regulators and a very desireable unit. The cleaner it is the more valuable, clean and nice Royal AquaMasters can go over 500 dollars. If a new one in a box ever shows up the price will climb very high. A DA is not as valuable but a fine regulator to own and dive. A Mistral is a single stage unit, also very fine and desirable but cannot use psi over 2400. The DA is unbalanced first stage and the Royal is a balanced first stage--in fact-- the Royal AquaMaster is essentially a double hose Conshelf and you know the Conshelf is legendary for reliability and durability. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom