Old Air X A.I.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MyNoles

Reaction score
I have an older model Air X, wrist model, air-integrated and it has seen it's better days. The screen is all discolored, the battery getting low and just about had it. I am not the original owner of it, but have put quite a few dives on her in the few years I have had it. It still works fine, believe it or not.

My question is this. The Scubapro/Uwatec folks I called do not want it sent back for reburbishment - I don't know if this is because of no parts due to it's age, or my not being the original owner. I have heard some stories, however, of some sort of exchange program or credit that can be gained towards a new one, or cases where they did reburb them.

Anyone have an idea about what to do with our ever-aging fleet of computers as they get old?? She still works, but needs calibrating, a new battery and screen.

Thanks in advance.

It's been a while, but if I remember right the battery used is out of manufacture. So it cannot and will not be repllaced.

But you're right, I also remember a certain amount of credit depending on the age (serial#) for the old ones ... see if you can find anything on Scubapro's and Uwatec's websites. Also use the search function here on the board, there were flaming threads on the issue.

Next stop ought to be your LDS, even if you didn't buy from them. After all, you would probably buy from them for any sort of credit anyway.

Finally, I believe Suunto had a promotion going, at least for a while, where they offered some credit for any old dive computer.

That battery issue with Scubapro/Uwatec sucks, and they know it. For the current models they offer lifetime replacement. Plenty of people switched brands over it ... .

Good luck.

Just take a look, what happend to me with my old AirX. By the way The one I had was also second hand.... After all this **** happen to me I both Oceanic VT - very good computer. Uwatec sucks!!!

I just want to warn everybody in Easten and Cetral Europe about the atitude of Scubapro Germany.
I had Aladin Aix X, one day I found out some samll boubles under the computer screen so I went to Scubapro distributor in Lithuania to find out whats wrong with it...... To make the long story short here is the case:
1. the official Scubapro deller in Lithuania broke my computer during his interventions and told for me that I gave them already broken computer.
2. He ignored me so I found the guy from Scubapro Germany - Christian Holfelder, Manager East Europe. After some discussions on the phone he agreed to look at the computer and repair it or replace.
3. I send my broken computer to Germany.
4. After one month the guy called me today and said that my coputer is dead 100% and they cannot repair it.
...and here the nice part comes - according to Mr Holfelder they cannot offer me anything to replace it because my computer was broken dy dropping down the computer or by hitting with something hard. To my questio what shall I do the answer was very simple - buy a new one. Can you imagine this?????????!!!!! The Scubapro distributor in Lithuania broke down my computer, and telling that it is not his foul, the Manager in Germany is telling - sorry we can not help you, buy a new one... I paid for this computer few years agou about 500 USD and now they telling to me buy a new one.
I really upsed with this company and I will start a case about this, but once again I just want to warn you about they behaviour.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom