Okinawa typhoon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Todd999

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are scheduled to go to Okinawa in 2 days for a week of diving.

I was just told they are expecting a typhoon and there may be no diving for quite a few days.

Anyone there now or have experience with bad weather there?

Is it still worth going in a storm or should we change our plans and stay in Osaka

We are scheduled to go to Okinawa in 2 days for a week of diving.

I was just told they are expecting a typhoon and there may be no diving for quite a few days.

Anyone there now or have experience with bad weather there?

Is it still worth going in a storm or should we change our plans and stay in Osaka
What I’m seeing is that it’s going to be bad Wed/Thurs, questionable on Tuesday and Friday. Things usually shut down about 24hrs in advance, and pick right back up the morning after the storm passes, so I’d expect Saturday to be fine for diving. MAYBE Friday in some places on the west side of the island and in the south.

Note: below are sites on Oki proper. Keramashoto National Park is looking bad well into Saturday.

Windy.app is pretty good, but it’s still outside of 72hrs, so it’s really a 50/50

IMG_0925.png

If it were my dive trip, I’d shift to mainland for the week. Maybe coming down to Oki for a couple days starting Saturday. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom