Okinawa -- here now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gunrock

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone else in Okinawa? I need dive buddies, or info on gaijin-friendly operators. Dove here in the summer years ago and the sea conditions are a lot different now. I know about the Kadena boat and Capt David's Seragaki operation but that's about it.
Rescue diver, ~475 dives.

-Rob J.
080 3445 6017

Are you living here now? Doug (Japan-Diver) is an American that owns a dive ship near Kadena - his number is 090-1940-3528.

Like above said check out japan-diver with Reef Encounters he will take care of you while you are in Okinawa. If you come up north hit me up.

Not with 12th Marines are you with that user name? Spent 90-95 stationed on the rock with them. We head out everyday for diving with boats going to all the hot spots and training up through instructor or tech diving up through Trimix. Give me a ring at 090-1940-3528 or shoot me an email. If I don't answer the phone I am diving.

Doug

Thanks all. I will be honest I got a real case of sticker shock over here. Prices at the Japanese shops are nothing short of astronomical. I have managed 11 great dives so far, despite the cold and rain.

Well between work and the weather I haven't had the chance to get wet as much as I would like, but I have done all my dives save one with Dave from Okidiving.com and I'm very happy. It's a little bit of a drive to the port in Seragaki but his rates are fair and the boat is fast. He lets me stay down as long as I can and I'm usually the last one back on the boat.
Most dives have been around Seragaki including Manzamo, but one day we headed over to Sesoko and Minnajima.
I was hoping to get to the Keramas but on the few days that would have been good for me the Kadena Marina boat didn't go. I'm not too upset; I have seen a lot of cool stuff and talking to people who have been to the Keramas lately it doesn't sound anything like the descriptions from 30-40 years ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom