Okinawa - 1 week in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just booked flights to Okinawa in late October. I've been diving 30 + years and have my rescue dive cert and my partner has 200+ dives and has advanced cert. I've been reading lots of blogs on 2 week itineraries for diving Okinawa, but we only have a week. Sunday to Sunday. Landing in Naha. Figure we need to focus on Naha and 1-2 other islands. We would love to see Mantas and understand it's the season. If anyone knows Okinawa well and can recommend what your itinerary might look like it would be great. I've seen the suggested companies in Naha. The more info you share the better. Thanks.

Just booked flights to Okinawa in late October. I've been diving 30 + years and have my rescue dive cert and my partner has 200+ dives and has advanced cert. I've been reading lots of blogs on 2 week itineraries for diving Okinawa, but we only have a week. Sunday to Sunday. Landing in Naha. Figure we need to focus on Naha and 1-2 other islands. We would love to see Mantas and understand it's the season. If anyone knows Okinawa well and can recommend what your itinerary might look like it would be great. I've seen the suggested companies in Naha. The more info you share the better. Thanks.
So Naha is just the largest city. There’s no diving in Naha. Suicide cliffs is south of the city by a bit. Currents can get sketchy there though.

The best diving on Okinawa proper is in/ around Onna. Mermaid’s Grotto is aces for shore dives. Cape Hedo is pretty remarkable for advanced divers, as is Bolo Point off of Cape Zanpa.

By far the best sites you could get to without a plane are in Keramashoto National Park (Keramas Islands).

Mantas are going to be a 45min plane flight to Ishigaki, though October is the end of manta season.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom