Okay, possibly my setup (not yet)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any luck with your BP and harness search??

Not really. One seller and I couldn't come to an agreement. It was going to cost me more to buy his used gear then new gear.

I ended up ordering the DR harness and SS BP for $145 from DGE. I figured I wasn't going to beat that price.

What blows is the day after I ordered it, I got a PM from a guy that lives less than a mile from me selling a new Halcyon BP and harness for $150. Had I waited a day, I could have grabbed his. Oh well.

Way over priced, IMO, ------

BC: , I'd go with a Zeagle Scout BC= 200 bucks, Computer: Veo 180 NX= 200 bucks(seperate wrist compass & SPG 150 bucks tops, maybe less), & a SP MK 2 with a r295 & DR RG1215 octo 200 bucks......total cost 600+ dollars----yours 1300+?

But that's me---& btw, that's one of my setups as we speak....gotten me home safely many a time......

My husband dove a Balance for a couple of years, until he switched to a backplate and wing. He still dives the Balance in the pool, to teach. It's a good BC, as BCs go. It's about 3 lbs positive, but it does have nicely placed trim pockets. It still has only one camband, which is one of MY big issues with many BCs -- two cambands make the tank much more secure. Anyway, if you are sure you don't want a backplate, the Balance is a good back inflate BC.

The Aqualung Titan, I think, is a very good first regulator choice. Maybe I say that because it's what I did -- but I still have the reg five years later, and I still use it for single tank diving, and I have no complaints at all. I've dived much more expensive regulators, and yes, my MK25/S600s breathe a little better, but not enough to justify the price difference for a recreational diver, IMHO.

okay, thanks but the BP/W i dont like, and i dont like scout either, i feel like i really love the balance i feel it best suits me, i am going to try and find a local person in Fl (Lauderdale) to dive it i know a shop and the owner has one but its "custom" i dont know what he means tho

but yeah anyone dive lauderdale (FL) that wants to buddy and can loan equip?

To the OP, why are you looking @ a VEO 100?.....just curious.....

I'm not anymore I'm lookng at a cobra 3 did more research not for me the cobra 3 is really nice (anyone here own one??)

I am not, use the VEO 180-a step up frm the 100--& can be gotten for less than the 100 you were asking about........good luck in your future diving.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom