OK...Want to know about island living? THIS will make you laugh!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:flush: Thanks Christi! I needed a good laugh this afternoon. Although I don't think I'd find it nearly as funny if it happened to me!

Christi:
To give appropriate credit to the author, I will just post a link to the post on another Cozumel related board.

If you need some laughter...this will do it! I promise!!!

http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Boa...096&forum=DCForumID23&omm=5&viewmode=threaded

I could see me trying to explain this to a plumber over the phone with my limited spanish. And I doubt my spanish translator has the right words for stuck lizard.

We have just found a few pet lizards in our yard so far. A good friend of mine killed a number of scorpins in his house when they were doing some construction nearby last year. We did wake up one morning after a good rain and found a giant flying roach perched in the corner of the downstairs ceiling.

With a 10 1/2 foot ceiling it was a chore getting him down and it take a big broom to kill one. It's easy for people to forget that they're surronded by jungle.

I lived in a house up in the mountains in Honduras for a while, mostly surrounded by pines and below the really dense rain forest - but the wood in the house was rotting away and turning to mold a little faster than it could be replaced, and after a while the notion that there was any difference between "indoors" and "outdoors" as far as the critters were concerned completely disappeared.

All things considered, living in exotic environments is an outstanding experience, but every once in a while things get to be a little too exotic for most people's comfort level.

I haven't laughed this hard in a LONG time!!! I'm dying to know what's happened since!!

This cut and pasted from Cozumel My Cozumel, and posted by Nancy de Anda who runs the Villa Blanca hotel. This is the continuation of her friends Lizard story...I hope to hear how the story ultimately played out :)

Friday, 850AM
Ok, Smeagel is still with us. I’ve named him that since I firmly believe that I should know the name of anyone that sleeps under my roof for two nights. At this point we’re assuming that Smeagel is still there, in spite of the fact that neither F. or I have seen him in over 24 hours..

Yesterday, Guadalupe, the maid, brought her 3 year old daughter with her. At some point the daughter had to use the facilities and came out saying, “Mommy, there’s a giant lizard in the bathroom.” Guadalupe, busy with the floors, wasn’t interested. Finally, at her daughter’s persistence, she went into the bathroom She says she discovered Smeagel still in the bowl, but above the water line, just like when we first found him. When she busted into the bathroom, she apparently startled him, and he ran back to his secret lair, and has not been seen since.

Mind you, this is the report from a 3-year old child, told to her deaf mother, reported to my husband and then told to me.

I spent the evening like some sort of crazy paparazzi, alternatively busting in and sneaking into the bathroom, camera poised to capture the evidence, approximately every 15 minutes or so, only to be foiled at every attempt.

For F. the entire lizard episode has lost all of it’s novelty a long time ago. He did however cast lettuce leaves upon the water in an effort to lure Smeagel out of hiding.

He’s convinced that the creature will die inside the inner workings of our toilet and begin to decompose. The one bright spot for him is that if Smeagel came back out, that means that there’s actually enough room in “the bat cave” for superhero lizard to turn around, lessening the possibility of lizard putrefaction.

Since we are now experiencing our 15 minutes of fame here, people have been calling us asking to come over and see the bat cave. One of my co-workers gleefully reported that her mother’s family had one crawl into their tool shed when she was a child and the lizard had to be removed in pieces.

The one person that actually made the trek was sorely disappointed, let me tell you. The creature is so far up the plumbing that no tail at all is visible. Vistors find the 1970’s style power blue toilet with lettuce floating in it, a big come down.

The one person that continues to be unwaveringly enthuastic about the whole endeavor is Jungle Ann. She can’t wait for him to come out, so she can take him home and make a pet out of him.

I for one am baffled.

First of all, exactly how big is the inner workings of this toilet, that a giant, long as my arm, lizard can turn around?

Second, how long is Smeagel going to hold out? Is he a Branch Davidian in for the long haul?

Thirdly, since there is no more physical evidence, is he still there, or have I become one of those crazy people with an irrational fear of indoor plumbing?

And lastly, in the case of Jungle Ann, why would you intentionally invite this thing into your home? Will it not do the same thing at her house? I call my dog stupid since she drinks out of the toilet bowl, what would you call a pet that holes up in there?

Christi ..... this is a hoot! Especially since I know Nancy from previous trips, and can just see her telling the story!

Back
Top Bottom