ok im the NEW GUY and i have a question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsgobie once bubbled...
60fsw multi-level dive for over an hour
Multilevel.... using a computer or profiling.

Just figured that we ought to make it clear that getting over 60 minutes at 60 feet, while possible for some folks, is definitely outside of the NDLs of most recreational training agencies. :D

I dive with aluminum 80's, and on an 80 foot dive (give or take tne feet or so) the tank will last me approx. 45 minutes. (However, I have been told by a few people that I suck air pretty fast. :)

Kayla:)

My tank lasts longer than the buddies I dive with. That's why I don't consider a bigger tank necessary. Typical dives are 45-55 minutes. :)

bwerb once bubbled...

the key factor is the word RECREATION. If you pull out the good old PADI RECREATIONAL dive planner you will see that the NDL for a 60 foot dive is 55 minutes. Anything more than that is no longer REC it's TEC.

Yeah but padi has always added in a 5min safety to their tables. NDL by Navy tables is 60FSW for 60min.

slowdiver once bubbled...
My tank lasts longer than the buddies I dive with. That's why I don't consider a bigger tank necessary.

Its funny you would mention this. I prefer to dive with a single LP 95 steel tank. Most of the divers i have dove with use doubles. More than a few times they have hit their rule of thirds sooner than i.

It all depends on your sac rate.

Quest once bubbled...
Yeah but padi has always added in a 5min safety to their tables. NDL by Navy tables is 60FSW for 60min.
No.

Early PADI tables were the Navy tables.

When PADI came out with the RDP things changed... and it wasn't as simple as adding in a 5 minute safety.

Pressure Groups were increased from A~N to A~Z and while the time at 60' was reduced by 5 minutes the time at 70' and 80' were reduce a full 10 minutes and the time at 50' was reduced a whopping 20 minutes!

Plus some other stuff... like the mandatory 3 minute *safety* stop at 15' whenever you come within three pressure groups of the NDL.

Since you're discussing changes from the PADI tables to the RDP, don't forget the RDP is less conservative for repetitive dives. Now that other agencies have modified the Navy tables, the RDP is one of the more liberal tables around for both repetitive dives and NDL's. Amazing that most divers believe them to be conservative. Marketing does wonders for a program.

Please don't make me give the table speil! Tables are designed for what they are used for. Navy tables are designed for deco. RDP is not. That's why its more liberal with repetitive dives.

brandon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom