OK, I'm old

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gbf

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I'm old and have made the decision that future excursions will be with my non-diving wife rather than solo (and somewhat selfish) dive trips.

So, I'm retiring from scuba. All my gear will go away, and regretfully I'm leaving Scubaboard. My supporter bill was just paid via paypal through June 2025, and that's OK. I've enjoyed the many years here.

However, I went into paypal tostop the automatic. It said to Manage my subscription at Intermedia Publications. When I clicked the associated link I was directed to http://www.intermediapublications.com/

The link is not valid, got the "page not found" message.

Any ideas how to inactivate the Paypal subscription?

Thanks

You could just dive once or twice while vacationing with your non diving spouse. I do. Then you can spend time with her and still enjoy diving. Just a thought.

I'm actually glad that you posted this.... I just went to PayPal to find that I had a monthly auto pay of 99cents for an app that I no longer use.. I just followed the instructions below and it all worked fine.

To cancel an automatic payment, also known as a subscription, billing agreement, or recurring payment, on PayPal, you can do the following:
  1. Log in to your PayPal account
  2. Click the Settings icon
  3. Select the Payments tab
  4. Scroll to the Automatic Payments section and click Manage automatic payments
  5. Select the merchant whose subscription you want to cancel
  6. Click Cancel under Status
  7. On the confirmation page, click Cancel Automatic Payments
  8. On the verification page, click Done

Reactions: gbf
I'm actually glad that you posted this.... I just went to PayPal to find that I had a monthly auto pay of 99cents for an app that I no longer use.. I just followed the instructions below and it all worked fine.

To cancel an automatic payment, also known as a subscription, billing agreement, or recurring payment, on PayPal, you can do the following:
  1. Log in to your PayPal account
  2. Click the Settings icon
  3. Select the Payments tab
  4. Scroll to the Automatic Payments section and click Manage automatic payments
  5. Select the merchant whose subscription you want to cancel
  6. Click Cancel under Status
  7. On the confirmation page, click Cancel Automatic Payments
  8. On the verification page, click D
Thankyaverrmuch.

I went back and tried again and got it.

Your directions were perfect (almost). When I did (5.) i got the automatic payment info screen, but no "status" tab/button as in (6.). At the very bottom of the screen (scroll down) was:
Remove PayPal as payment method
https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/autopay/connect/I-GKB5DMEV1WJL/cancel
I clicked this and carried on thru confirmation. It asked me why I was cancelling and then confirmed cancellation.

The autopay was moved to the "inactive" pile.

Thanks to all.

Brad

(I'm not gone yet. I'll be posting my gear for sale as soon as I can take some pics)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom