OK here I am...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iceberg,
Welcome from NJ!
34 degrees, brrrrr. Your SN is very accurate.
Enjoy the board, and enjoy the diving even more.
good luck,
MikeD

Welcome from someone else who had to do a cold water cert. We had a nice fire on shore to warm up with between dives, hope you got the same.

Later, Hawk.

from Rochester NY.

OW through Rescue since may!
It sounds like you really enjoy that cold water.:)

Glad to have you here.

Welcome Iceberg - and all I can say is "brrrrrrr....." but then I am one of most vocal CADs!

I'm trying to complete my AOW (one dive to go) and then Rescue but in the warm waters of the Gulf of Thailand... Unfortunately over Christmas it was way too windy and (dare I say it?) cold! :scared:

You've definitely found the coolest place (pun intended) on the internet to spend your suface intervals and learn and share information from a bunch of likeminded dive loonies!

Cheers!

Woah Iceberg,

What a way to dive hahahah wait till u try diving in water temp no colder than 28 degrees celsius, and with water viz of at least 50 feet or better!! :)

keralucu - you've been busy i see, no wonder u disappeared for some long! :wink:

...welcome to the board iceberg! You bet this is the best place to spend your SI. Have fun and see ya round the board.

Thresher
:mean:

Welcome to the board! What was the surface temp. during your checkouts? The last winter checkouts I was divemaster for were so cold we had the students do the surface intervals in the water because the 37 degree (f) water was MUCH warmer than the 3 below zero (with the windchill factor) on the surface!

Enjoy your SI here, there's LOTS of good info to be had!
Ber :bunny:

Congrats iceburg on all your certs, and for the simple reason your not afraid of cold water. I believe coldwater is good for you - makes you hearty and strong and causes things to shrivel up! A lot of us like the cold, and if you have any questions about it, this is the place to find answers. Cheers:cool:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom