ok guys what do you wear under your wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod:
Please women, no more sunning walruses on the deck, get some board shorts, knee length and a nice over size T shirt with something cute like "Yield to Wide Load" on it. To be fair, the man also needs knee length baggy, droppy board shorts and equaly oversized T shirt that says something cute like, "I am With the Wide Load."

I had been hired to test some new dive gear, it was an uneventful dive and the new gear worked great. My report to the manufactuer would make them happy I knew and garner for me another job I hoped. Air getting low I pulled my J valve and headed in. I stood up from the water and casually pulled my fins, my SeaHawk Knife glistening in the sun, mask popped jauntily on forehead as I surveyed the beach ahead for the easiest egress. Oh, my, ------OO, holy cow, a pod of walruses had spread towels the size of the Astrodome on the sand and had flopped down belly first blocking my path to safety. Ugggghhhhhhh, arrrggggghhhhhh, what to do, my eyes hurt, my throat choked, I could not breath, the horror, the unholy horror. I felt my life draining from my limbs, graying out, could I make it, I did not know. One foot, then the next--keep going man--buck up--get tough! Then I woke up. Cool, it is the Swedish Bikini Team, yeah.

Moral, ladies, if you could not be on the Swedish Bikini Team, get some board shorts and WEAR them--all the time.

N

Thank you! You just made my case!

I have an old swim suit I got at Wal-Mart years back...it's getting worn out, but it's comfy under the wetsuit. (as long as you shove the legs down in)

Once that goes... the search is on!

If the shoe fits then wear it, it ought to go both ways, I know some don't like hearing that but women should not be given dispensation to wear bikinis any more than their male counterparts, get some board shorts and wear them please, what is good for the goose should work well for the gander and save some of us our eyesight for the truly beautiful things in life.

Well, got to go ride the tractor, y'all argue on.

voitadv.jpg

N

Truthfully...The biggest problem is that thare are companies that actually MAKE speedos for guys my size and string bikini's for larger women! Personally, I don't want to see myself in something like that, let alone someone else!

I was driving through the Keys a year or so back, and there's a shop in either Islamorada or Marathon, that sold bathing suits...I looked at the rack and saw XXXL "bananna hammocks", and said..."NEVER MIND!"

you guys make me.... oh, never mind.

JCAT:
My 40+ years life exp. says different.

My 40+ years disagrees but I'm sure there are exceptions. While this is a funny thread (in a sick sort of way), I hope no body takes it seriously. I just like to see people of all shapes and sizes enjoying themselves diving. I don't really care what they wear or what they look like doing it.

But to answer the original question, I like the lycra skins. They do make the wet suit glide on.

MaconBubbles:
.....But to answer the original question, I like the lycra skins. They do make the wet suit glide on.

If the water at depth is cold enough, I like to wear a wetsuit under my wetsuit.

FD

MaconBubbles:
I hope no body takes it seriously. I just like to see people of all shapes and sizes enjoying themselves diving. I don't really care what they wear or what they look like doing it.

amen.

now that's practicality for u.

JCAT:
My 40+ years life exp. says different.

sadly, you would have to wait for 13+ years for me to be able to get back at you on that one.

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom