Oil Spill Xmas Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tazzmeyer

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

My husband and I are trying to arrange a dive trip to the Philippines over the Xmas holidays...can anyone recommend an area that might have better diving during that time of year?

I have heard that Southern Cebu, Dumaguete (Apo Island), Siquijor, Bohol, and Negros are must see's but I understand that there was a large oil spill near Negros in August. Anyone have info on clean up efforts and whether the spill is affecting the dive sites currently?

It is a daunting task to try and zero in on best place to dive in Philippines because there are so many! Any suggestions or advice is much appreciated.

Cheers!
Christine

tazzmeyer:
Hi,

My husband and I are trying to arrange a dive trip to the Philippines over the Xmas holidays...can anyone recommend an area that might have better diving during that time of year?

I have heard that Southern Cebu, Dumaguete (Apo Island), Siquijor, Bohol, and Negros are must see's but I understand that there was a large oil spill near Negros in August. Anyone have info on clean up efforts and whether the spill is affecting the dive sites currently?

It is a daunting task to try and zero in on best place to dive in Philippines because there are so many! Any suggestions or advice is much appreciated.

Cheers!
Christine
well you can start off with Anilao and Puerto Galera in Luzon. Bohol (Panglao and Balicasag Islands), Apo Island (Dumaguete) and Malapascua in the Visayas. Do a search on these places and decide what you want to see.

Welcome to the PPD, Christine...:D

i echo clgsamson's reco.

there's not much info on the oil spill in the visayas in the press reports...but given anilao, pg, bohol, apo island and malapascua i'm pretty sure you'll get your hands full already.

welcome to the ppd! :coffee:

Christine - Make your bookings for dive resorts/hotels fast. Most of the hotels I've checked on Malapascua and Alona Beach are already fully booked. Am considering packing some robes and renting a donkey to increase my chances of getting accomodation on Christmas Eve.

Traminer:
Christine - Make your bookings for dive resorts/hotels fast. Most of the hotels I've checked on Malapascua and Alona Beach are already fully booked. Am considering packing some robes and renting a donkey to increase my chances of getting accomodation on Christmas Eve.

:lol:

LOL...okay point well taken!
Thanks for the warm welcome, the info, and the laughs!
Really have enjoyed skimming these pages the past few days.

Traminer:

Sorry, no donkeys on Malapascua - at least I've never seen one. You better check out rental of a goat or pig - they eat most anything and are much tastier to eat in turn.:D Good luck.

jbb:
Sorry, no donkeys on Malapascua - at least I've never seen one. You better check out rental of a goat or pig - they eat most anything and are much tastier to eat in turn.:D Good luck.
now that's playing it smart... if the goat or pig doesn't get you a room, at least it will get you lunch hehehehe

Jag

Back
Top Bottom