Oil Slick Leap Surprise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As of today the rungs under the water level are still missing and my dive buddies had to rely on other passing divers for assistance getting out.

Wow! Is there any sign warning people? I imagine it'd be a long surface swim parallel to shore to get out.

Richard.

As of today the rungs under the water level are still missing and my dive buddies had to rely on other passing divers for assistance getting out.
Was there this pass Saturday. Yeah there is a lower step missing.negotiated it easily.

Apparently not everyone is as superior as yourself. Everyone there while my buddies were there had an extremely difficult time getting out.

Also, no sign and you can't tell until you are in the water

On one of my trips the ladder was just plain gone, I think, and there was a sign, so evidently damage happens from time to time.

I wonder if it was still just one rung missing when your friends needed to get out?

Richard.

I wish I had read this before I tried to put my foot on the ghost rung today!

Wasn't really that big of a deal to get out. I had to stetch and pull, but my 6'5" SIL just stepped right on out.

I i think I have a video of it. I'll try and do a capture tomorrow...

I wish I had read this before I tried to put my foot on the ghost rung today!

I know it was very difficult for me to get out. My husband had to give me a good push in the tush when a wave came. He said he stepped on the metal on the sides, so that may be helpful to someone until the ladder is fixed.
Going back November, if its not fixed by then, we will look into it. I really like that dive.

Apparently not everyone is as superior as yourself. Everyone there while my buddies were there had an extremely difficult time getting out.

Also, no sign and you can't tell until you are in the water
no way superior here! at 63 yrs of age 175lbs with high blood pressure..not too much upper body strength.

Had a great dive there yesterday.
FYI: Caution: Upon coming up the ladder, Surprise,the lower rung is damaged, step to each side because it bends in the middle, BUT there are two rungs missing above so the step up onto the first rung available was quite huge... I was lucky my husband pushed my tank to help me step up.
He saw it ahead of time, so he was able to step on the sides where the rungs had been mounted.
Hope this is helpful to anyone diving oil slick leap.

I sent Stinapa an email regarding Oil Slick Leap. I already have a response. Ramon is awesome. He said he would contact Hilltop and if they cannot fix it, that Stinapa will fix it. :banana:

Back
Top Bottom