Oh Nooooo!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have plenty of room right? :rofl3: We have less than 2 feet to go to match this record. Since last week we were at 639, we have about 5 weeks before we are at the 1984 lowest level.

"Lake Travis’ average level for July is 669.28 feet above mean sea level; right now it is at 638.45, according to the Lower Colorado River Authority. The last time the lake was this low was in October 1984, when the level dipped to 636.58."

I can remember just a couple years ago, when Lake Travis flooded and I was diving from WP Private and the water was up to the fill station. Oh how cool the trails and oak trees looked underwater.

It was a long swim underwater to the stairs, oh yes then it dropped off. I think I was at 15 for depth at the stairs down.

Boy those were the daze.........................:no:

To the fill station? *mind boggles* That's crazy!

We went out during the flood also. It was kind of weird with the campground covered in water.
The stairs had buoys tied off for reference. We dropped to the first platform and vis was zero. You couldn't see your own hand waving right in front of your face.
I remember coming back out of the water a little while later and the water line was still rising.
carrie

Those pics are sad. We need a good ole tropical storm to come sit on San Antonio/Austin for 2 weeks.

I love the pics of the guys "supervising" the car being yanked out.

CTB

My buddy and I did a bad thing. We went to Bob Wentz park and dove towards the Oasis. It was only about 6 feet deep for the first couple hundred yards. A muck bottom, no fish, no vis, nada. We had to surface 3 times to find we were just a few feet apart, then we went to navigation mode, one watching the compass, the other the buddy. So I would say in another 2-3 weeks, the boat ramp area will be several acres larger than it is now. Lets do the rain dance.

Back
Top Bottom