Oh for the love of Sharks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lulubelle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Yesterday I was out in "sporting seas" and dove the Caribsea on the East Side of the shoals out of Morehead.

Holy Cow, just what is the scientific word for what looked like a full military regiment of Sand Tigers? Vis was poor, maybe 20-30 feet, and I counted 40, BIG ones, in layers, all facing into the current, as we descended. That means there were a lot more that we couldn't see. They were huge, would swim right up under you if you were in their travel path.

I personally loathe the idea of "shark dives" and intefering with mother nature by chumming the water to attract them. Why don't people just come dive where they exists naturally in large numbers?

Wow! I wish I could have been there!

...a...

This is not an infrequent event here, so come diving with us.

I wish I could be diving in the Red Sea!

I dove the Caribsea at the end of May and had the exact same experience. Dropping down into the middle of all those sharks in the low vis was deffinitely an experience I'll never forget! A few people saw a Mola Mola on that dive too. I didn't though :( NC diving is great..... when you don't get blown out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom