Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Immigration Officials at LAX are amazing.

Talk about treating you like something they scraped off their shoes !!!!

However, the other places I've been in the States have ALL been fabulous

Boston, New York, Chicago, Reno, Miami all great.

BTW I'll mail about Tufi later today.

Cheers
Hoppy

PS Nice to put a face to an avatar last Sunday.

LAX are bad, but the worst I have encountered are in Honolulu. What a bunch of goons!

You were at the dive show? You should have come and said "Hello"!

Await your email re Tufi. Use my email address, not a PM - it is quicker!

Click here!

Regards

You and I had a chat about honeymoons in PNG ya plonker.

Otherwise how would you have remembered to PM on monday morning then ?

Start taking more water with it :D

Be in touch soon

Hoppy

Did we? I don't remember that! :wink:

I remember talking to some sponging gits from the Beeb looking for a freebee to PNG...

My apologies! :wacko:

If I recall I PMed you in response to your posting in the Oz & S Pacific section abot where to go on your honeymoon. Or I may be just falling apart at the seams!

I just can't handle the pressure!!! It's those darn US Immigration Officials!

Cor next he will tell me he forgot the 20 minutes i loitred around his stall on Saturday :)

The free chocky biccies and coffee were well appreciated when we cheered the final 20 minutes of froggy-bashing Wilko.

... and thanks Jimbo for the help .... and no, Abby still doesnt want to go to Truk!

Cor next he will tell me he forgot the 20 minutes i loitred around his stall on Saturday

I dunno what you're talking about! Who are you?!!!! :)

Belushi, yes it was a good idea haveing the rugby on the stand. on Saturday I had two buckets of sweeties, but they all got eaten. Next time I'll have to bring 4 buckets of sweeties!

And why doesn't Abby want to go to Truk?

Scuba Jim once bubbled...
If there is one country that you really are not made to feel welcome on arrival into, it's the Good Old US of A. "I don't care if you are blond with an English accent, you look like an A-rab terrorist to me."

Hey it ain't so great on your side of the pond either...I too am blond, blue eyed with an American accent and I've been detained several times for no apparent reason by YOUR immigration folks! I guess cuz the accent was wrong I looked like a terrorist! By the way....did I mention I was treated like a criminal? I double checked to see if I'd accidently been stopped by the 'fashion police' but no I was in Heathrow and it was your immigration officers.

I think the real issue is often times if you have attitude vs. how you look. I've been hassled by my own govt for jokingly making comments that could have been mistrued for illicit dealings. Of course we were all being typical jokesters....but you can't explain that to someone who has no choice but to take all that stuff seriously!

Now I'm sure you are wondering how a blond could have a thought let alone an attitude....but hey I guess blonds are smarter in the UK then here so I was automatically upgraded!! (Hey this part is a joke so I don't start a war here...)

Even though my issues with your immigration officers took place prior to 9-11....and even when I have an issue here post 9-11...I consider the alternatives and just blow it off!

Belushi once bubbled...
... free chocky biccies .....froggy-bashing Wilko.

Hey will youse guys speak English. :)

Hey will youse guys speak English

We are!

It's you lot who don't speak English!

Wreck Wench, I entirely sympathise. However, I see that you are from Texas, so dressing like Dolly Parton and saying "Howdeedoodee", "Dangnabbit" and "Get Off Your Horse and Drink Your Milk, We're Moooooooooving Out" on entering our fair island won't ingratiate yourself upon our immigration staff (who probably are on secondment from the US anyway!).

Back
Top Bottom