Oh Come on !! ! ! Where's that CSSP Report?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richerso

Contributor
Reaction score
Where is that CSSP report for today? I know I saw a few of you out there. I even collided with a couple of you underwater. :11:

I will start. Ryanh1985 and I did three dives today. Dive 1 we bumbled over towards the old cabin cruiser. Following the directions given to us by Robert, we wandered over to the new cabin cruiser that, accordingn to a different thread, was scuttled on Tuesday. It's all good. We got to see TexDiveGuy here at the boat. I found and recovered a pair of mechanics' pliers laying in the hydrilla next to the boat.

For dive #2, we bumbled generally toward the SE corner of the quarry. We found the concrete alligator! ! ! Got lost and surfaced. Bumbled into TexDiveGuy again. Go figure. From here we went off in search of the old WWII ship mine. Didn't find it but did find cabin cruiser #2 again. From here, we headed to the silos. Down at the silos, I found a mechanics' screwdriver just resting on the expanded metal grating.

Is this find a lost tool day? Who forgot to tell me? While down at the silos, we saw a new foreign guide rope leading to who knows where. I started following the line to see where it was going. Ryan followed. Tex did a hover and hold maneuver at 30 ft. I followed the line for a while until I decided it was going somewhere I didn't want to go; namely the surface at some distance away. I decided the line was headed to the Scuba Toys dock and since I didn't want to go there, I turned around. Well, Ryan must have fallen behind on the line. I didn't see him. I am now swimming toward the silo looking for Ryan. Found him! We did a head-on collision in near zero vis :11:

We both got knocked off the guide line and lost it. We lost each other too! As it turns out, we both did a dead reckoning compass heading back to the silo and regrouped. From there, we headed up the buoy line to rejoin Tex at 30 ft. On my way up, I saw a gaggle of divers at about 27 ft. Wow! Where did this diver convention come from? Anyway, as I am levelling out at 30 ft, I dropped my screwdriver. Well, time to go back down. I am not letting that thing get away. After all, it's find a tool day. I ran back down to the bottom and did a quick search for my lost screwdriver. At this point I was starting to get cold and I knew that I had thoroughly confused Ryan and Tex so I aborted and headed up the buoy line to 30 ft. again.

This time when I got to 30 ft, I found Ryan. The gaggle of divers were simply gone. Poof! Don't know where they went. Tex got bored and left! Go figure. Ryan and I continued on our dive. We bumbled back toward cabin cruiser #1 and from there started following the training platforms. I swear we passed Tex again somwehre between two of those platforms! We were headed NE. He was headed SW. I don't think he saw us.

Ryan and I later went on to do a third dive that involved bumbling around on the airplane. Saw a few people out at the pond today that I know. It was a good day of diving. Y'all have fun!

Neener, neener, neener...I posted a report at 6:37pm, 10 minutes before you did. I told a guy who was looking for a buddy to go over to the trees and look for the DIMWIT shirt like I was wearing. See my report.....

Great day of diving. Water was really nice today. The new boat is really cool, just to bad its not down by the silo's. Oh and no fish attacks today. :)

Hi Debra! Yea. I saw your other report.

I swear I was writing my report at 6:25 but then I got distracted by news report about a break through cancer treatment so my report got delayed.

Breakthrough cancer report DEFINITELY trumps Scubaboard CSSP report!!!

There was a lot of "bumbling" going on in your dives. Was that in the dive plan or was that improvised bumbling?

Most of my dive plans involve bumbling. I like the excitement of being lost. It is very similar to that feeling of not being able to see your gauges in a total silt out :D

Most of my dive plans involve bumbling. I like the excitement of being lost. It is very similar to that feeling of not being able to see your gauges in a total silt out :D

Butbutbut you're the guy that leads all the dives due to your madd navigation skillz. :confused:

I just follow my magnetic compass.

Believe in the compass. Seafaring mariners have for centuries. Well, that and latitude rods. Longitude was mostly a lucky guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom