Official GoPro Dive Fiters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hobby Mounts

Registered
Reaction score
I see in 2014 GoPro catalogue, GoPro are releasing official dive filters.

Would you guys favour these over currently available filters?

Not yet I'm afraid. The only indication these are coming is that they are listed in the new 2014 catalogue. I just wondered whether Gopro users would prefer OEM rather the various aftermarket ones available. I guess it depends on price and quality.

If they are offering a filter solution that allows a lens cap over the filter, I'd probably buy it. A variety of filter colors and a quick-change mounting scheme would be welcome too.

My current filter prevents me from using a lens cap, which leads to some scratching of the filter when it's out of the water. My filter is also hard to swap (requires tools) and so I only use one color (shallow/med). It does a really great job improving shots <40 feet, but deeper shots should ideally use a darker red filter.

My avatar photo is a video grab, shot at about 15 feet with the shallow/medium filter. Profile photo is a still shot around 30 feet. No color correction needed. It shoots very true to color at these depths.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom