Off to Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glbirch

Contributor
Reaction score
Finally off to Mexico this weekend. Akumel for cavern diving and then over to Coz for the rest of the week . It will be a different trip because we are taking our daughter with us, and it will be her first time seeing Mexico. I'm hoping that I will have the chance to see everything from a fresh perspective through her eyes, rather than my own slightly jaded attitude. :)

Be great to meet anyone on the board who might be down there next week, but I'm thinking we need Scubaboard shirts or stickers, or a secret handshake or something. How else to know each other when we meet on the street?

glbirch:
Be great to meet anyone on the board who might be down there next week, but I'm thinking we need Scubaboard shirts or stickers, or a secret handshake or something. How else to know each other when we meet on the street?
There is a big thread on t-shirts: http://www.scubaboard.com/t26152.html.

They've been promised for about a year now but nothing yet. Would really like to see some. I even thought of going to one of those t-shirt websites and designing somthing but I'd have to do all the legwork of getting permssion from the powers that be to use artwork so it's too much hassle.

James

You could always get Dee Rags from Dee's website. The people wearing them may not be from SB, but they're a sure fire coversation starter. :jester: I have a couple on the way, and looking forward to getting them.

We'll be at Casa Mexicana and diving with Blue XTC next week, bunch of us from Rodales board, chrism, papa, sapien, deja, judyg, smash.....

Chris

ChrisM:
We'll be at Casa Mexicana and diving with Blue XTC next week, bunch of us from Rodales board, chrism, papa, sapien, deja, judyg, smash.....

Chris

Let me know how it is. A bunch of are thinking about going down the first week in May.

:wink:

Otter:
Let me know how it is. A bunch of are thinking about going down the first week in May.

My first time, so I'm interested to see what the fuss is about

ChrisM:

Chris

Good to hear, I'll have to keep an eye out for you all. I've heard good things about Blue XTC as well, though my personal shop of choice is Papa Hogg's.

We'll be in Akumal from the 4th to the 14th staying at Oasis Akumal....

Chris

chrisc:

Chris

Sadly, I am heading home on the 4th. Men's fashion isn't the only thing work intrudes on. But then again, my job at least keeps the surface intervals from being too boring.

chrisc:

Chris

That's close to where we're going to be. We'll be in Kantenah (10 miles N of Akumal) from the 5th through the 9th. I already have reservations to dive with Scubamex in Pamuul on the 6th and 7th, and we're going to spend the rest of the time exploring. I've heard nothing but good things about Scubamex, so I'm really looking forward to it. They say the reefs aren't quite as pretty as Coz, but the current is slower, and the dives shallower, so I thought it would make for good diving for my wife, who is just finishing up her OW classes this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom