# of SB members

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrybosome

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I see 130,00 get thrown out there as a member count but I assume that includes everyone ever? Anyone have any idea how many members have posted in the last year or so? I'd be curious to know about the site statistics, unless it's secret or something.

The number I cited is how many members have logged on in the last year. "Dual" members AKA Sock Puppets (whom have been caught), and banned members do not count in this number.

What about duals of existing members?
We don't allow "duals" or even deuls. :D Sockpuppets are against our ToS and we actively try to eliminate them. It's an automatic 5 day ban if we catch them, and then we combine the accounts.

However, most people who are accused of being a sock puppet are not. Sometimes agreeing with an unpopular view will get you labeled as one and we try to set the story straight.

Yes, ScubaBoard staff is allowed to have sockpuppets. We have to see how things look from a user's perspective. These sock puppets are for testing purposes only and we frown on them being used to stir the pot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom