Trip Report Of Mantas and Men: Socorro on the Quino el Guardian, December 2021-January 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great trip report, loaded with practical details people need to know to plan a similar trip, coupled with discussion of why one might want to go to that destination and pro.s and con.s of the specific dive operator used (appreciate O-Ring giving us details on another). Ought to be very useful for people planning or exploring the option of a Socorros trip.

What an awesome report!

I'm going to Socorro with Quino in Feb. This year. So excited. Some questions.

- I don't have a 5mm suit, do I need it or will I freeze my ass off in a 3mm? Did you use hood/cap and/or gloves/boots?

- I heard Quino is old and pretty loud and I am a pretty light sleeper, do you recommend earplugs?

- Are you able to call/cellphone service from the boat? This will be the longest time I am away from my kids (4-6 yrs)

- Any other general tips?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom