Odds & Ends from recent dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hermit crab
P9060014-01cropsm.jpg

Rockfish fry
P9060012-01cropsm.jpg

Rockfish fry
PA100123-01cropsm.jpg

Treefish fry
P9060024-01cropsm.jpg

Sculpin
P9120004-01cropsm.jpg

Sculpin
P9120026-01cropsm.jpg

Sea Nettles
P9260090-01sm.jpg

Tochuina tetraquetra
PA170015-01cropsm.jpg

Little Red Octopus with our anchor chain
PA170028-01cropsm.jpg

The eyes on the last Sculpin are crazy.

We have been seeing a lot of fish fry on the North Coast too, along with clouds of krill.

Very nice Larrry... I love the little stuff...

Very Nice Pics! I love the Sea Nettles & baby Red Octopus

Thanks Peter, Cheddar, Scubagirl & Penti

The eyes on the last Sculpin are crazy.

We have been seeing a lot of fish fry on the North Coast too, along with clouds of krill.

I love the way the eyes mimic the pattern of the body & fit right into the camouflage scheme.
We've been seeing these juvi's for about 2 years now, and it's really cool watching some of them become adolescent and recognizable. It's nice to see some positive signs of a future for the coastal waters.

Nice shots, I love the hermit crab and the cute little octopus.

Where were they taken ?
All the pics were taken in various sites in Monterey Bay, in North Central California. We do about 95% of our diving in the Monterey and Carmel areas.

Nice!
There are lots of jellyfish... :scared:

We've been seeing these juvi's for about 2 years now, and it's really cool watching some of them become adolescent and recognizable. It's nice to see some positive signs of a future for the coastal waters.

We have seen the juvi's the last couple years too. Even saw a tiny Cabazon last time out. When we dove Lobos a month ago I spotted a teeny tiny Rockweed Gunnel. Seems like they are pretty rare to spot, at least for me. I like the fact they look like an eel.

All the pics were taken in various sites in Monterey Bay, in North Central California. We do about 95% of our diving in the Monterey and Carmel areas.

We dive Monterey about 10% of the time. We need to spend more time down there, especially since I have a boat ready to go now :depressed:

There are lots of jellyfish... :scared:

They can be pesky, but thankfully the herd seems to be thinning out lately. For a couple of months you couldn't do a safety stop without having them all over you-a nettlesome situation:eyebrow: Since the water is about 50f degrees most of the time, we're wearing dry suits and full hoods anyway, but I've been stung on the upper lip a couple of times and sometimes you forget and wipe your face with your gloved hand after a dive! Worst one was pulling up the anchor and whipping the rope in a bit fast, causing a tentacle to fly right in my eye. :shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom