October Shootout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can somebody 'learn' me about the October Shootout? Basically just how it all works. Can you get on a charter for it (Gary, you around?); how do you enter it; etc?

thanks!

Right, I saw the website, but I am still a little foggy about my above questions.

Thanks!

teknitroxdiver:
Right, I saw the website, but I am still a little foggy about my above questions.

Thanks!

Teknitroxdiver I’ll try and answer you questions if I can on it. The Shootout is basically a one day event where a bounce of Spearo’s get together from near and wide Pitching in a modest entry free that will be dived between the winner of the categories , minus a small fee to help out on running the event.

If you look on the Website Divehound gave you should be able to find a entry form which you can either mail in or bring to the safety meeting as stated on the page.

Finding a spear friendly charter out of Orange beach can be a tad hard unless you can feel a full boat. Now Divehound above Capt’s a spear friendly boat and a very close neighbor to us here in Orange Beach and may have some bookings left. I would be interested to know myself. If not you might try and look up some of the other local diving forums and ask about a charter for the event

I can tell you that it is a fun time to be had and some of the fish stories you hear at weigh in is worth the time spent Plus Tacky Jacks has some fine food and cold drinks just about anything you prefer

I hope I was able to help you out

Oh and one other thing I have seen some big sheepshead taken from under the Pass bridge (east side) tide willing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom