Octo Options Opines SP MK10+109

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

george_austin

Contributor
Reaction score
Los Angeles,CA. Alcoi, Espana, Los Barilles, Baja
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Just curious - in keeping with the spirit of the MK 10 (not really "vintage") and the R109 - what would you guys set up this rig with wrt an Octo?

It's going to have a ca. 1971 SP giant 3 item console - one of those cool old things about the size and shape of an oar with a compass, SPG and depth gauge.

Christmas present for the girl - I have available for the Octo, a Connie 14, Voit SM, or another 108 but I'm open to your opinions - it's must be vintage though and easy maintenance plus chrome

Thanks

Also, what fo you guys use to restore the hard rubberish plasticene material which makes up the body of the console? - it is faded to a strange, not quite jet black enough condition but I think I can refurbish it to a like new condition with the proper radioactive, highly toxic chemical probably only available through military sources ;-) Griots Garage Online has this automotive stuff like boot black that I used to use - applied like squeeze bottle shoe gloss.

Crazy the stuff we're willing to do for these girl divers - probably won't even notice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom