Octo+ & Octo Z

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cowdog77

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What are the differences between the Octo+ and the new OctoZ?
(Especially as pertains to the event of a malfunction in a remote diving area/country..!)

What are the differences between the Octo+ and the new OctoZ?
(Especially as pertains to the event of a malfunction in a remote diving area/country..!)

The Octo+ is made by Apeks, Zeagle stopped purchasing and on selling them as Zeagle about 18 months ago when they released the OctoZ

The Octo+ had a couple of niggles
- Water would get in and sit round the Schrader valve causing it to corrode prematurely if the inflator button was not unscrewed and it rinsed out and left to dry.

- The Purge cover has a habit of unscrewing itself and falling off along with the diaphragm if not secured and checked for tightness, somewhat alleviated if the mouth piece cable tie is at the right angle as the little purge cover lock would bump against it.

- Bit fiddly with the adjustment had a fair few problems with them free flowing.

To date I have not had nor heard of any of the above problems with the Zeagle made OctoZ

Cheers
Chris

Thanks.............much appreciated.
I've had 1 of the 3 problems after 4 years so will be looking a the Octo Z for my next one. I was hoping the LP inflator disconnect is standard sized on the Z so I can switch to a regular reg if something goes awry in the boondocks.

Cheap option; You can purchase from Zeagle a reducer for the end of the LP hose to take the large diameter down to the smaller one for the standard inflator.

Cheers
Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom