Octo + Hose Compatability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken

He Who Glows in the Dark Waters (ADVISOR)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Scott,

Is there an adapter available that will allow the Zeagle Octo+ to be attached to a generic low pressure b/c inflator hose?

I know you have an adapter that allows the Zeagle female hose fitting to be used with a generic low pressure b/c inflator device.

In the case that there is not such adapter available, can the male fitting on the Octo+ be replaced with a fitting that acommodates a generic low pressure hose?

Thanx . . .

the K

Hello Dennis!

We do not make an adapter that works that way, sorry.

I have never seen anyone successfully replace a Octo+ fitting with a standard QD fitting...not exactly what you were hoping to hear, huh!? :(

Have a good holiday season!

Scott

Nope, but having been a machinist many, many moons ago, I be I can come up with something !!!! :wink:

Thanks for the quick reply, Scott.

the K

Isn't there a problem with flow rate? In that an inflator demands less air than a 2nd stage. I though that was the primary reason a diferent comnnector was required

Good point, DumpsterDiver!

One to which I will give serious attention.

the K

dumpsterDiver has it right. The flow through standard inflators is greatly restricted compared to that of all AIRs.

Zeagle does have a 27" Octo+ hose, that allows a better fit with a Dive Alert than the standard 30" hose.

Chad

The only thing I wish to change is the hose fitting at the Octo+.

Should not a standard LP hose to the intergrated alternate airsource provide a sufficient delivery of gas ?

the K

In point of fact there are (or at least were) fitting available to make the kinds of swaps that are being discussed here (not with the Zeagle, but with some others). I know I tried, inflator worked fine and as you predicted, auxillary was like sucking through a very long straw.

Thanks for the info, you guys.

Guess I'll just have the length of the hose, itself, reduced to get that big loop out.

You guys are what makes the ScubaBoard work!

Once again, thanx . . .

the K

Back
Top Bottom