Ocotal v. Rich Coast Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We, like you are just posting about our diving experience that leaves us very pleased with Rich Coast!!!! Every profession however has those bad days that leave customers unhappy; you can't get around those unexpected circumstances no matter where you go. Rich Coast and Octal are complete opposite dive opperations. Rich Coast being the easy going, caters to your desires, and very personal operation, is our choice while on vacation. We are not fond of the large crowded boat and agenda that you are unable to choose; They go where we want to venture. I feel you have bad mouthed Rich Coast and are misrepresenting your trip as well as yourself. We however did not join just to reply to your posts. We joined to let the other divers know what kind of dive opperation Rich Coast really has. There has not been one day we have been unpleased. Eventhough Martin and Brenda have only been owners for a short time, we feel that the past owners would be very pleased as they are continuing a wonderful dive opperation. Rich Coast spans past just the diving as they have pointed us in the right direction of numerous other activities, restruants, and even our hotel. They fixed little things at our hotel we were unpleased with, with out hesitation. Rich Coast has not only made our diving experience a great one, but made our first trip to Coasta Rica an amazing experience!!!! Thank you Rich Coast~

I have not bad-mouthed them, only told exactly what happened on our trip. I am happy that you have had wonderful experiences with them.... we didn't. So we write about our experience, and and you write about your experience, and then others get both sides and can make a more informed decision about who they dive with when they go to CR. We admitted that we made mistakes. We didn't ask as many questions as we should have about the trip. We assumed a lot of things, and we shouldn't have. Luckily, we threw our own cell phone into our bag just before leaving. Otherwise, we could have been out there longer than we were.

I was also on that boat in February and never did I feel in danger, I felt Rich Coast did an outstanding job solving the situation. When I go back to Costa Rica, It's a " NO BRAINER" Rich Coast - Martin, Brenda, Brittinna, Johanne and the rest of the staff are great. They come HIGHLY RECOMMENDED if you like to dive.......

Mark Forsberg

Both shops are great. I like Ocotal a bit more since the boats they use are the best in the area. They get to Cats and Bats faster than anyone and are a lot more comfortable than the rest of the shops in the area. Also Sissinio and his group have tons more experience in the area. DM/Insts are great at both shops.

I spent a week diving at El Ocotal and loved it. Medium size boats, small groups....great DM's....spectacular diving. I would go again if I didn't have many other "must do" destinations on my list.

The only complaint I had was with the AI itself...the same food night after night does get old. But the cooks were amenable to trying to mix things up for me...I'm a picky eater and I ran out of choices very quickly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom