Ocean's Unlimited Costa Rica My Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

solarofthesix

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Guys and Gals,

Let me start by saying, if you are diving in the Quepos/Manuel Antonio area...Oceans Unlimited is the ONLY place you should go to! If you are looking to do a Divemaster Internship or any other Diver education....GO TO OCEAN'S UNLIMITED!

I began my diving with them a few years ago on a whim. There were 2 dive shops to choose from, and after talking with locals and the operations, I decided on OU. The further into the course I got the more I appreciated my decision! Bob and Kath were very patient, knowledgeable, encouraging, and overall a blast to be with. I finished the course very quickly and learned much more than many of my other dive buddies have at other locations.

The next year I decided to return to Oceans Unlimited to get Advanced Open Water. Again the experience was phenomenal and I learned A LOT! Not to mention Kath remembered my email off the top of her head after not having seen it for a year! Everyone seemed very happy to see me, and it was almost like returning home form college. I picked up so much in my AOW course.

That year I also decided i wanted to get my NITROX cert. I did so at a local shop, which really made me appreciate Oceans Unlimited just THAT much more. There is just no comparison to them!

Over that year I began to look into going Divemaster. I had several options for internships, and after having talked with current and previous students of these locations, I decided OU was the place I would like to go for this! So this summer I returned yet again for 2 months and did my EFR, Rescue Diver, and Divemaster.

Everyone, not just Georgia (my instructor) contributed to my divemaster knowledge and diving knowledge. I drew on the experience from the boat captains, the instructors, the receptionist, EVERYONE!

You will not find a better group of people to dive with than the people at Oceans Unlimited!

Back
Top Bottom