Oceans Movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, didnt do it for me. No plot...boring narration and thought the footage was OK, not great. My kids felt the same way

Just got back from seeing it, thoroughly enjoyed it, and recommended it to my non-diving sister. Then get on SB and see this.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion about what they want to spend their time and money on, so by definition, you're not wrong.

But life doesn't have a plot. I'm way over-tired of some screenwriter's idea of synthetic good and bad guys, and building and releasing of manufactured tension. I don't need that to hold my interest, in fact, it's usually a turn-off.

The photography was very good, the subject is fascinating, and the narration, music, and eco-message didn't get in the way too much. And it's real. Not quite the same experience as diving, but the same goal, and in some places I'm never going to actually get to. I loved it.

Personally, I loved it! I was the only one in the theater watching it but I still loved it. I have always hated the narration on most documentaries, which this essentially was. I just wish they would have someone with a little more enthusiasm to narrate, but that's just my opinion. I loved the footage, especially since I had never dove before I watched it. It is definitely not the same as seeing it yourself, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. I also like how they included facts about the environment and the plants and animals themselves, but not so much that it made it boring. I say good job Disney! :)

Personally, I think we should take time to take a break from watching films that only concern in giving the best animation, or the gruesome and draggy fight scenes, or even those well-rehearsed choreographies. This Disney film focuses more on highlighting one of the ignored realities of this planet - the ocean's wildlife. I just watched the trailer and had several goosebumps during that 2-minute clip. I am never really a big fan of documentaries but this is one of the best trailers I have seen and it really urges me to watch it. I wonder why this was not advertised here in the Philippines..good thing the trailer was on YouTube! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom