Oceanlog Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmoore19

Denizen of the PUB
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I currently have this software on a netbook PC. How long before it crashes is unknown. I can see an update in my future. I have looking at options. Since the IPad doesn't have USB ports I am not able to download dives to and I Pad. It looks like the future will be the tablet type so I am looking at the other options such as android. I Oceanic going to come out with something compatible with Droid? What options do I have besides a PC/Windows operating platform?

For which dive computer?

iPad shortly, droid in a bit :)

divePAL_ipad_vt4.jpg

DataMask

I'm not sure if this is how data will be loaded on the iPad, but the iPad camera connection kit has a USB to iPad adapter.

I went to Best Buy and looked closer, there is no USB port per se. There is a pigtail that comes comes with the I-PAD that will match up and I can use it. Once the IPAD version is out I will be in the market for the software. Thanks DiveNav and Ktomlinson for the help!!!! Now it it will work for the Datamask I will be all set, except for buying the IPAD. (The wife is gonna really love me for that)

Dmore19:

This 'pigtail' that comes with the iPad...are you talking about the optional accessory called an iPad Camera Connection Kit? If so, it does not function as a general USB access point, such as for hooking up external USB hard drives, for example, and I doubt a dive computer's USB data cable would work with it. That said, one of the reviews says:

• Written by JH from COEUR D' ALENE
  • Apr 24, 2010
Things that I found out that you can plug in to the USB connection are USB headphones and USB headsets, USB keyboards and probably more things. If you buy the package, it comes with two different products, one for a USB connection, and another for an SD card. Also, you can plug any iPhone to the USB port and get your photos off of the iPhone so you can view them on your iPad! This is a very nice product and nothing I would change. If you email the photos with the Mail app on the iPad, they are in 2048x1536 resolution rather than the iPhone's 800x600 emailed resolution. One last thing, once you connect to your Mac, iPhoto brings in full resolution images with EXIF information intact. Great job Apple! The iPad now has a USB port!

But again, I would not assume it would work with a dive computer's data cable unless someone can give you a first hand account to the contrary.
Richard.

I am using diving log on bothy iPhone and iPad 2. I have to download the data using the oceanic oceanlog program on my pc, then importing that data to diving log on my pc, and then sync that data with my iPhone and iPad. I have the camera connection kit, but like was pointed out, it only works for a few things. I am holding out hope that one day we can download the computer direct to the iPad, even if you have to jailbreak.

Well if that's the case, it sounds like to big of a pain in the butt to me. I guess i'll just buy another PC. I don't have any desire to download, transfer, sync, and have to jailbreak (I don't even know what that is). Either that or wait until something comes out for Droid. If it doesn't download right into the IPAD I would have to carry another machine to download to? I currently use a netbook PC for travel it is lightweight, doesn't take up much space and most software will work on the windows platform. Don't know if I should blame the software developers or Apple for again alienating me, making it tough to buy their products.

Thanks for the information! It probably saved me $600+ buying something that isn't capable of doing what I want it to do.

Thanks everybody.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom